Thursday, June 7, 2007

Photos from my humanitarian mission



Hello everyone. As most of you already know, I moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina, in December of last year. I am working as a photographer, doing some freelance writing, some website design, and with a humanitarian organization. I recently returned from a mission with that group to the Santa Fe Province to work with an indigenous community there called the Tobas. They are only in Argentina and number less than 50,000.


Anyway, here are some photographs from my trip there if interested in checking them out:



Among other things the children there were remarkable. Even in such extreme poverty they seemed even happier than most children I find elsewhere in the world. I felt like the Pied Piper once I showed a couple of children the photographs of themselves on the screen on my digital camera. Before I knew it I had an entourage of about fifty to sixty children following me everywhere. I would take a couple of photos of a group of them and then kneel to show it to them and I would be immediately surrounded by the entire group. It was amazing…….. I would look up and literally only see a crowd of little excited faces……..no sky…….nothing but those dear faces.


So, I hope you all enjoy the photographs and that you all have a wonderful week.

No comments: